Skip to main content

Me Tarzan. You Life Lessons.

                                Übermensch! Übermensch! Da-da-da-da-da-da Übermensch!

-->
I started reading up on Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche again. He has always fascinated me. He had two main statements that jerked me.
1). That of the Ubermensch – commonly known as the superior man or the superman and
2). The whole “death of God” concept – which even as I type this feels so… unright [I should say wrong but humor me]. It’s like incest I would think – the death of God? And not even in the supremely messianic portrayal seen every Easter, no this was more like getting rid of Him completely. With all my faults, even that seems too much.

But then a friend of mine gave me a brief logic a few years ago and I could see a glimmer of a gem in a jewel box, wrapped in an oil cloth. The point was made that, Nietzsche advocated THIS-WORLD ism [not correct title but that’s how I’ll break it down]. If there was no soul, no other place to go to; if this was the only realty there was, you would obviously try to make the very best of it; to push yourself beyond what you think you can do; to be the UBERMESCH, supreme and perfect man. “The Übermensch is not driven into other worlds away from this one.”* I thought about it. There was a life lesson there. See, some Theist believe in the Other World; the Spiritual World. Most definitely, we are ambassadors sent here to speak God’s great word and spread love. And because we believe that this world is a passing phase and it’s not really home, I fear that most will not COMPLETELY dedicate to it because of our general separation from it. Perhaps that is why you have weird old men in the US who think climate change is no big deal and who are also… Theist [just a wager, nothing more]. In Nietzsche, I see a philosophy that says – make this world count. Make you count WHILE you are here…. Not when you get to Heaven [which funny enough is similar to the gospel notion of “occupying” or keeping busy while waiting on the Lord.

I don't believe in reincarnation in its true form but I DO BELIEVE in genetic reincarnation. What that means is: instead of the soul doing a cycle, one body to another, it is the code that does it passed down from person to person [and generation] till it finds WHOLENESS again. Take my mother for example. Time and time again, she was told that she looks like, no… IS her great-grandmother. Height, weight, temperament, the works. She never once met her great-grandmother. The code though, the genetic information reached came down the line till it found WHOLENESS in my mom. And so, as a young woman, she became sort of the rebirth of that woman. Genetic Reincarnation – that’s my hypothesis.

I’m not big on past life regression either but the truth is, as long as you live on the planet you do experience past lives. The person you were at age five is not the person you were in high school and they’re not the person who’s a working professional. These are your past lives. Yet sometimes their trauma(s) creep or run into this present one. Thus, in order to live THIS life to the fullest, one must resolve one’s past lives [disappointments, anguish, doubts] so I can move forward.

So to review, I have found life affirming principles and hypothetical answers in belief systems not my own. I have not changed my belief; I have not pledged allegiance to any new belief but I am able to pull good messages from them all. Yet, most of the earth is unable to do the same. The human condition fascinates me. Any trace of a life lesson stops the minute the belief in a thing is suspended. How are we ever to grow if we never see the big picture at work? Or maybe what we need is not a big picture, but a microscopic, CSI look into things not our own. The results may be surprising.

*quoted from wiki for better or worse. read more about Neitzsche's Ubermensch and other philosophies here if you'd like to.

Comments

  1. Thank you big bro...there is much wisdom here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dude, you are much welcome. where here to make grow.
      pax

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Me Tarzan: You Thorough Examination

 "I hypothesize that the reason Perception outweighs Truth is that Truth demands a thorough examination and we all have ADHD." The Hutchings Hypothesis There is a pro-life poster I always see. It reads, “The supporters of abortion have already been born”. Now on the surface, the statement seems sound and seeing the frequency of which the statement/image/poster is used, I’d say it has even become a linchpin for the movement. That is until you examine the truth of the statement which is often overlooked: who better to support abortion than those among the living? Those who have seen the ills of unwanted pregnancies, pregnancies by abuse, the scar and shame of the woman/young girl who [to this day in some circles] is still treated like another piece of property instead of a living thinking being. Indeed, the supporters of abortion HAVE already been born and because of that, they are able to say “you should have a choice”. I bet you look at the whole thing differen

Me Tarzan, You Save Me

                                         Ah, Smallville. Ah, Remy Zero! You say the best things. "How to save the world in five (5) minutes? Die. It dawns on me that both religiously and ordinarily, when someone dies... People change. U could try to change people all you want but it's in death that they realise - he, she stood for something. And they change. Funny. Pax"  - Text to a brother: July 20th, 2012; 6:19pm * I used to live in fear of the phone ringing. There was a time when the phone would ring and i would wonder if this was the day that my heart would be broken? Would i hear the news that a loved one [friend/family] has died? Was it a car crash? Please God, don't let evil or sad/tragic intent be on the other end of the phone. I haven't felt that way for a while, till last Sunday. We got the call. A healthy young man - Father, Deacon, Army Dude and all round good guy dies from a heart attack. I was cold. I didn't feel anything that moment bu