Skip to main content

Me Tarzan. You Real Reasons

-->
Last Friday (May 17th, 2013) while heading to work, prepping my mind for a presentation, I remembered a photo I saw on Faceboys. There was a man standing with a [pink I think] sign that said “Don’t destroy mom and dad” or something like it. He was obviously, protesting the gays – what’s new. I thought about it. I thought about my own mom and dad and realised… nope, it wasn’t the gays that destroyed family, it was DAD.
I will now personally hold the gays responsible for not helping me win the 20 mllion dollar Lotto, since their powers are far greater than I first imagined.
...

Tell me, it jars you some; tell me the idea of a girl wanting to spend her life with a girl or a boy with a boy leaves you somewhat uncomfortable. TELL ME that in your mind, all you see is penis [i hypothesize that "straight" people think more about gay sex than the actual gays but, what do i know] I’ll tell you, to try and understand the other side; I’d try to get you to think bigger. Tell me the TRUTH instead of these hastily accepted tropes that the world chooses to stand behind. WHEN CONVENIENT.

Like religion. And let me pause for a cause here and say, I am AWARE the foot in mouth that is about to follow, seeing as I practice mine. But it is amazing to me how easily it is to hide behind a religion [any religion] instead of coming out [chuckle] to the truth about our own insecurities and/or failings.

For instance; I don’t go to parties. I COULD SAY that as my body is  meant to be a Temple of God, there are places I shouldn’t/wouldn’t/don’t go. This is a real answer. But since there are people of Faith who dutty wine on a Friday and head to church on Sunday, that reason may not be enough. THE TRUTH [for me] is: I don’t like parties. People hook up, people get over drunk, people cause fights. Plus, I get BORED; I remember going to a party and walked up and down VIP, out of BOREDOM. And since I was part of a team, I couldn’t leave till just under dawn. BORED!
Why don’t I go to parties? Because they BORE ME!

I don’t have sex. I grew up in Church under the express belief in the sancity of the marriage bed. Plus, and this is crazy but still, I used to believe that if I had sex before marriage, my penis would just get stuck in there till someone caught us – FORNICATORS! … Yeah, I know. Somewhere in the midst of it all though, I had this feeling of dread: here I was saving myself for my God-send but… what was “she” doing? Given the amount of girls/couples [religious or otherwise] who are having SEX…. BEFORE MARRIAGE ANYWAYS [and I'm not saying just because everyone is doing it - literally- that an action is right, i'm just showing you a point]… 
So then, she has to… what, teach me or something? This was an actual thought. I eventally realised two things: I was waiting for the real goddess type to arrive and frankly, I just wasn’t ready.
Why are you not having sex? I’m just not ready.

...
I think I can successfully break down any action I do without the reasoning, “well my religion says…” AS ONE SHOULD! Not because religion isn’t important to me or many other people, but the fact is, many use it as a crutch instead of a springboard. 

Hide your racism by claiming that black people are the descendants of HAM and are therefore cursed. Hide your gender bias by saying Eve was the weak one [and I know someone will quote The Apostle Paul but I have one word: context]. Finally, hide your heterosexual discomfort about the IDEA of a group of people who just want to be left alone with some form of civil rights, by saying, nay, SCREAMING that gays are evil.

I know. Don’t think I don’t know. I’m a monotheist. I grew up in church. I KNOW. But I also know that we have got to have a real reason for our actions outside of “my religion doesn’t like it”. By the way, there is really NO REASON for hatred.

A few months ago, I read in the local newspapers that gay rights were going to be added to the Gender Policy [or else, being considered]. I stood in the grocery and the tears flowed some. Now I hear that that’s not going to happen because the Inter Religious Organisation (IRO) impressed upon the leaders to consider their actions. This is funny to me, only because under normal circumstances, the group [and their various denominations] rarely agree. But throw in words like “gay” and “constitutional reform” and suddenly they rage against the machine. But I ask you, like I asked Facebook, Sunday night [May 19th, 2013], if I stripped you of your religion and in the broader sense, of the pillars you hide behind, who or what are you? what are the real reasons for your actions/inactions?

Pax

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Me Tarzan: You Thorough Examination

 "I hypothesize that the reason Perception outweighs Truth is that Truth demands a thorough examination and we all have ADHD." The Hutchings Hypothesis There is a pro-life poster I always see. It reads, “The supporters of abortion have already been born”. Now on the surface, the statement seems sound and seeing the frequency of which the statement/image/poster is used, I’d say it has even become a linchpin for the movement. That is until you examine the truth of the statement which is often overlooked: who better to support abortion than those among the living? Those who have seen the ills of unwanted pregnancies, pregnancies by abuse, the scar and shame of the woman/young girl who [to this day in some circles] is still treated like another piece of property instead of a living thinking being. Indeed, the supporters of abortion HAVE already been born and because of that, they are able to say “you should have a choice”. I bet you look at the whole thing differen

Me Tarzan. You Life Lessons.

                                Übermensch! Übermensch! Da-da-da-da-da-da Übermensch! --> I started reading up on Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche again. He has always fascinated me. He had two main statements that jerked me. 1). That of the Ubermensch – commonly known as the superior man or the superman and 2). The whole “death of God” concept – which even as I type this feels so… unright [I should say wrong but humor me]. It’s like incest I would think – the death of God? And not even in the supremely messianic portrayal seen every Easter, no this was more like getting rid of Him completely. With all my faults, even that seems too much. But then a friend of mine gave me a brief logic a few years ago and I could see a glimmer of a gem in a jewel box, wrapped in an oil cloth. The point was made that, Nietzsche advocated THIS-WORLD ism [not correct title but that’s how I’ll break it down]. If there was no soul, no other place to go to; if this was the only realty the

Me Tarzan, You Save Me

                                         Ah, Smallville. Ah, Remy Zero! You say the best things. "How to save the world in five (5) minutes? Die. It dawns on me that both religiously and ordinarily, when someone dies... People change. U could try to change people all you want but it's in death that they realise - he, she stood for something. And they change. Funny. Pax"  - Text to a brother: July 20th, 2012; 6:19pm * I used to live in fear of the phone ringing. There was a time when the phone would ring and i would wonder if this was the day that my heart would be broken? Would i hear the news that a loved one [friend/family] has died? Was it a car crash? Please God, don't let evil or sad/tragic intent be on the other end of the phone. I haven't felt that way for a while, till last Sunday. We got the call. A healthy young man - Father, Deacon, Army Dude and all round good guy dies from a heart attack. I was cold. I didn't feel anything that moment bu