Skip to main content

Me Tarzan. You Christian Community


I got a question for the Christians of America and by extension, the world: Since when is Satan more innocuous than gay people?

I know why you voted Trump. I know why you like Pence. I know why you voted Republican in the face of a woman who, (yes she might seem like a hawk), had the ability to be swayed for the good of your county. I know why: you wanted to restore what – in your mind is – good, strong Christian Conservative Values to America. Whatever that means. I add that last part in because you (American Theists) also believe things like – it’s okay to carry around as many guns as you like (it's your God-Given and constitutional right) or that climate change isn’t really that much of a thing. It’s like Tina Fey said in one of her Sarah Palin skits, “It’s just God hugging us closer.” Which I USED to chuckle about but honestly… given how you vote… I guess some of you think that too. Of course, the reality is, Christians (like most religions) believe in the end of days and the coming Battle of Apocalypse where the Anti will FINALLY be both revealed and destroyed and the JUST shall inherit eternal salvation, so I guess worrying that man-made pollution and general environmental carelessness is not that big a deal because, meh, we’re leaving this show anyways. But anyways, you voted in the Orange One and Co. because you were fed up being taken to court because of gay rights and you got fed up of seeing Planned Parenthood – which BY THE WAY, does not only deal with abortions eh – tell women that they have a right to their own bodies; silly woman, rights are for kids. (and not even,
Sometimes). Fine. Well, not really fine but I can see the motion of your thoughts. So again, fine.

But… I don’t actually recall a single prominent republican rallying his or her troops when the church of satan says they wanted to erect monuments and such in several states. This wasn’t news from a fringe website; this was CNN last year (I believe). I haven’t heard that much of a word from CHRISTIAN REPUBLICAN LEADERS. I would’ve thought that part of your Christian right is to denounce any and all things like this because you know, Christianity. It’s like if the followers of Dormammu wanted to erect statues and the Sorcerers sat there because they’re too busy lobbying for oil rights or something. So what you’re telling me is, you can have RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION against gays, women, Muslims and everything but an actual, organized (probably protected under the constitution) religious entity that goes AGAINST the FUNDAMENTAL BELIEFS of all Christians… yeh them cool. No big deal.

You know, my mother always said, satan sits in the church, lounging and eating cucumber sandwiches. She is right. You allowed your hatred and fear to bring in more hatred and fear but the things you should be worried about as a Christian, you cool with. I am disturbed. … well this is not news but still… I am disturbed.

Good going America. Ten points on what comes next.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Me Tarzan: You Thorough Examination

 "I hypothesize that the reason Perception outweighs Truth is that Truth demands a thorough examination and we all have ADHD." The Hutchings Hypothesis There is a pro-life poster I always see. It reads, “The supporters of abortion have already been born”. Now on the surface, the statement seems sound and seeing the frequency of which the statement/image/poster is used, I’d say it has even become a linchpin for the movement. That is until you examine the truth of the statement which is often overlooked: who better to support abortion than those among the living? Those who have seen the ills of unwanted pregnancies, pregnancies by abuse, the scar and shame of the woman/young girl who [to this day in some circles] is still treated like another piece of property instead of a living thinking being. Indeed, the supporters of abortion HAVE already been born and because of that, they are able to say “you should have a choice”. I bet you look at the whole thing differen

Me Tarzan. You Life Lessons.

                                Übermensch! Übermensch! Da-da-da-da-da-da Übermensch! --> I started reading up on Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche again. He has always fascinated me. He had two main statements that jerked me. 1). That of the Ubermensch – commonly known as the superior man or the superman and 2). The whole “death of God” concept – which even as I type this feels so… unright [I should say wrong but humor me]. It’s like incest I would think – the death of God? And not even in the supremely messianic portrayal seen every Easter, no this was more like getting rid of Him completely. With all my faults, even that seems too much. But then a friend of mine gave me a brief logic a few years ago and I could see a glimmer of a gem in a jewel box, wrapped in an oil cloth. The point was made that, Nietzsche advocated THIS-WORLD ism [not correct title but that’s how I’ll break it down]. If there was no soul, no other place to go to; if this was the only realty the

Me Tarzan, You Save Me

                                         Ah, Smallville. Ah, Remy Zero! You say the best things. "How to save the world in five (5) minutes? Die. It dawns on me that both religiously and ordinarily, when someone dies... People change. U could try to change people all you want but it's in death that they realise - he, she stood for something. And they change. Funny. Pax"  - Text to a brother: July 20th, 2012; 6:19pm * I used to live in fear of the phone ringing. There was a time when the phone would ring and i would wonder if this was the day that my heart would be broken? Would i hear the news that a loved one [friend/family] has died? Was it a car crash? Please God, don't let evil or sad/tragic intent be on the other end of the phone. I haven't felt that way for a while, till last Sunday. We got the call. A healthy young man - Father, Deacon, Army Dude and all round good guy dies from a heart attack. I was cold. I didn't feel anything that moment bu