Skip to main content

Me Tarzan. You Similar


One of the benefits or burdens to being me, is this urge I have to make people see things. So, while I could just very well say: “oh get over it!”, I realise, it is not necessarily the best answer to any social/spiritual/physical/emotional construct. Especially when GET-OVER-IT, is the world we live in. You’re afraid of tall staircases – get over it! There will be no elevators for you. You’re disabled and would like to see more ramps on buildings – get over it! It’s too expensive! And you don’t understand homosexuality – get over it! "We’re here, we’re queer, wipe your hands in us" [trademark Charlie Sheen/Harper: Two & A Half Men]. Oh how I’d like you to get over it… but my higher brain function wants to show you something: YOU yes you, YOU ARE ALL ALIKE. You human, of homo or hetero descent are the same. There is nothing that fundamentally different between you. watch.


Both Communities Are Stupid:
For proof of this, go Youtube. Politely scan any video and I’m sure it won’t be long before you come across a comment bar that reads like day old farts. Or my personal favorites, psuedo-religious right wing videos that explain to me in no uncertain terms that there is NO WATER on any other planet but EARTH. The heteros… they’re a funny lot.

But the homos aren’t backward either. If I had the will of me, I’d produce a small booklet called, “GAYS! YOU’RE DOING IT WRONG!” simply explaining that sometimes you have to go monochromatic to get the point across – raging technicolor will not do. For example, [the concept of] gay marriage is based on love and freedom to be with whom you want and such but I believe the real argument should be financial because THAT’S what the world understands: money. If Toni and Carlos  are in a relationship and one of them dies, there’s no financial security for the survivor because THE [secularist] LAW doesn’t approve. So, should the deceased be attached to a vindictive family, they could walk in and throw the survivor out because he is not covered. Or seeing as how no so-called equal opportunity bill covers sexual orientation, a conniving boss has free reign over your arse. Not cool. THAT is how you should position the rights of gays– make it a fiscal [and judicial] issue. It’s stupid to talk about what’s fair and what’s moral in a world that doesn’t see your life as either. I’m amazed more people haven’t seen that.



Sidebar: I used to have three silly misconceptions about gays.
1 – Gays are the more enlightened of the species: See, when you’re surrounded by thinkers, teachers, dancers, creatives, poets, artists, filmakers, money people and educators who are gay, you begin to think they are ALL brilliant. Until you come across an insecure child and you exclaim, “what is WRONG WITH THIS GIRL?! She’s bringing down THE ENTIRE community!” Right.

2 – Do not be old and gay: I must’ve been nineteen or twenty-one when I came up with that one. And while I still think being 40 and NOW accepting what you are is retarted, I realise that my “no old gays policy” was based on the same feeling you get when you think of two old people having sex. It was stupid.

3 – Poor gays are not happening: Again, when you surround yourself with middle class gays, the idea of a ghetto gay is just sad. I blame Vampires for this belief. Vampires are all Lestat; a poor gay is not Lestat, he is Jack Nicholson in WOLF. Don’t be a gay Jack Nicholson.


Evil Knows No Sexual Orientation:
When one of my friends broke up with his boyfriend, he told me that his now ex said that all he was to him was a nice ass. … right. Reminds me of all the guys who shatter their women; makes me think of the fellas who run when baby girl becomes baby mama; brings to mind all the girls who inflict pain on the male of the species, causing him to bring more baggage to the next relationship. Yes. Evil. Knows. No. Sexual. Orientation.

The Heart Whips Both Sides Soundly!
Turns out HBO lied to us. Gays think about things like long term relationships and building a family. Worse, gays have that gut wrenching should-i-tell-them feeling like the straights. How about that. Turns out, that feeling we get when we’re attracted to a girl and wonder the pros and cons of getting into a relationship… it’s the same thing. I know. I’ve been there. On both shores. Cue the day you realise you like this boy so much and your brother says to you, “I want you to be happy. You should tell him!” and you worry, “if I do this…. Am I really doing this? I’m not doing this. This feeling won’t be mutual. Forget this!” That feeling has corrupted all relationships - girls, boys, whatever.


Sidebar: This is where you say – oh that explains it. No it doesn’t. I didn’t sleep with my girls because I sincerely believe the whole wait-till-you-were-married bit. I’m very Theist that way. Plus girls are not like Battlestar Galactica. Tracy is eccentric not because once every millenia he deals with his crushes, he is eccentric because he is a Hutchings and we’re ALL insane.

Both Sides Tailor Info to Suit Their Needs:
The heteros use the epistles of St. Paul to mistreat women. The gays use The Bible. Guys… there is no way, no matter how you look at it, will The Bible ever be like – “dude, it’s cool.” I get it, I myself have looked at some scriptures and been like, “now hold on here…” [did I mention I have studied the scriptures since I was yay high?]. There is after all NO PLACE where it says, “God helps those who help themselves.” But it does seem vaguely implied that if you DO SOMETHING in His will, He will match that move. We could spend a few hours talking about context and situation, the end result will be the same. Trust me on this.

Neither Side Knows What’s Good For Them:
A quick story using dates. I was once in close proximity to three girls. 2008, 2011 & 2012. 2008  is a love of mine. We tried the relationship bit once but neither of us was fully whole at the time. I spent years, secretly seething and in pain wondering why, why for the love of zod could it not have worked out, there wasn't supposed to BE any "after", 2008. 2011 was a friend’s sister. We never got romantically involved [heck, she never knew] but she gave me something beautiful… peace. She makes me smile. I like smiling. We talk about every thing, we can relate. She is good. 2012 was what we call “The Lawyer Mommy”. A bright young law student with a child. I was cool. I like her. Liked the idea of the kid… primarily because I think I need something to worship me. I eventually decided to try 2008 again; see if we could make it… I fear of course that I am not even treating her, right. This is where my Theist self says, “Trust in God, He will send you the right person.” Agreed! I’m sure the number of Theist couples divorcing and adultering, thought the same thing too.

Forgive me, I sound a little skeptical, I just like breaking down my religion [most days]. And while I may not always like or agree with what God says, I can at least hypothesize why He thinks/believes/is right.

I guess what I’m trying to say is… Somewhere in the world is a homosexual trying desperately to figure out what they want from their partner and wrecking every chance of happiness as I have… had… have.

Maybe I am exceedingly daft. I have – for reasons I DO NOT UNDERSTAND – liked both girls and guys at various times of my life. I have run from both. I have prevented myself from feeling anything from any group because either I was hiding behind Faith [the force is strong with this one] or personal stupidity [tu stultus es].

And while this means there are times I believe I will end up with a shelf full of books, a brain full of knowledge and a successful string of published books and I may yet remain alone, it also means that I have the ability to see that all this fuss between the straights and the gays are ridiculous.

Life is a beautiful kick in the stomach sometimes and it makes us stronger. Whoever you choose to love is a side issue I think. Yes, I too believe that being gay is a choice. It’s a choice between constant heartwrenching confusion and clinical depression and allowing yourself to love her… love him.

I pray the Good Lord grants me life. LOTS of living time, to see what NEXT will we be up in arms about instead of using said arms to embrace each other. Even if it’s for a little while.

Pax
Tracy j H

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Me Tarzan: You Thorough Examination

 "I hypothesize that the reason Perception outweighs Truth is that Truth demands a thorough examination and we all have ADHD." The Hutchings Hypothesis There is a pro-life poster I always see. It reads, “The supporters of abortion have already been born”. Now on the surface, the statement seems sound and seeing the frequency of which the statement/image/poster is used, I’d say it has even become a linchpin for the movement. That is until you examine the truth of the statement which is often overlooked: who better to support abortion than those among the living? Those who have seen the ills of unwanted pregnancies, pregnancies by abuse, the scar and shame of the woman/young girl who [to this day in some circles] is still treated like another piece of property instead of a living thinking being. Indeed, the supporters of abortion HAVE already been born and because of that, they are able to say “you should have a choice”. I bet you look at the whole thing differen

Me Tarzan, You Save Me

                                         Ah, Smallville. Ah, Remy Zero! You say the best things. "How to save the world in five (5) minutes? Die. It dawns on me that both religiously and ordinarily, when someone dies... People change. U could try to change people all you want but it's in death that they realise - he, she stood for something. And they change. Funny. Pax"  - Text to a brother: July 20th, 2012; 6:19pm * I used to live in fear of the phone ringing. There was a time when the phone would ring and i would wonder if this was the day that my heart would be broken? Would i hear the news that a loved one [friend/family] has died? Was it a car crash? Please God, don't let evil or sad/tragic intent be on the other end of the phone. I haven't felt that way for a while, till last Sunday. We got the call. A healthy young man - Father, Deacon, Army Dude and all round good guy dies from a heart attack. I was cold. I didn't feel anything that moment bu

Me Tarzan. You Life Lessons.

                                Übermensch! Übermensch! Da-da-da-da-da-da Übermensch! --> I started reading up on Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche again. He has always fascinated me. He had two main statements that jerked me. 1). That of the Ubermensch – commonly known as the superior man or the superman and 2). The whole “death of God” concept – which even as I type this feels so… unright [I should say wrong but humor me]. It’s like incest I would think – the death of God? And not even in the supremely messianic portrayal seen every Easter, no this was more like getting rid of Him completely. With all my faults, even that seems too much. But then a friend of mine gave me a brief logic a few years ago and I could see a glimmer of a gem in a jewel box, wrapped in an oil cloth. The point was made that, Nietzsche advocated THIS-WORLD ism [not correct title but that’s how I’ll break it down]. If there was no soul, no other place to go to; if this was the only realty the