Skip to main content

Me Tarzan. You Statement.

It's a little after midnight on Monday and maybe it's the throbbing pain in my mouth or the corresponding pain in my ears but as I looked for a cold spot to rest my head while watching The Red Skull [Captain America] I wondered, "why is it every one who denounces humankind is either a maniac, a megalomaniac, a fool with a god complex or Kanye West?" Just once I'd like to read [or see] a situation where someone [a human] disavowed the concept of humanity in lieu of something better, grander, more purposeful.

And we're not even talking the Buddhas or some ascetic. We're not talking about any of that. Just a normal guy [normal for what it's worth] saying: "Good bye humanity. Hello..." I dunno, something better.

Admittedly, this is in [some small part] because of Man of Steel. The kind of comments I've heard just confirmed for me that logic is drifting away from this planet. Everyone just wants to feel easy. Few want to think. It's a youtube world after all. Spew your venom in the comment bar of Life. Not that I am the grand high thinker... but I wonder. I really wonder about a world that lifts up Zombie Movies rather than a man standing for Hope. And I get we're all cynical - even I, the Theist has grown exceedingly cynical... somewhat. But this is ridiculous. All because people won't think.

But lest you think this is a veiled review, understand that I have been feeling this way for a while; a long while actually and it's relatively scary when information passes through your mind and you wonder - "Who am i if not human?" 

Recently, on the sister blog, i took upon myself the idea of "the lord of young gods". Young gods are the bright beings who seem to move beyond the "iCan't" of humanity. A lord is someone who either grooms them or is there to provide sustainable advice/council that they may shine/do what they're supposed to in the world. My Theist sensibilities have everything at a common level [common "g", common "l"] so as to not elevate them or self to the place of [capital "G"] God. All of this though, to distance oneself from the place of humanity.

I sat there thinking how fed up i am. Gay, straight, theist, atheist, student, professor - I'm tired of all branches of humanity. I'm tired of thinking three steps in a direction, plotting possibilities and hypotheses, for what? Humans like this madness. Our whole world is most definitely royally screwed and it's not because of weather patterns, it's human patterns. God help us all.

I worry for this world. I worry for what is to come. If intelligence is being replaced with acceptance; if cynicism is more acceptable than discourse or truth - this place will seriously blow. You know sometimes I look at the statuses of friends. I think: "it must be nice to just... throw one's hands in the air and let the universe/God figure it all out" and admittedly, there is great truth to the quit-fighting-and-let-God-be logic. But i have questions; questions I've had since i was little; more, that grew with/on me and while I will get the answers in my living years; while I will get the peace I seek in my living years humans still.... meander. 

Oh c'mon guys. Figure it out! Be more. If you say that human is the best that can be had on this planet then by all means, prove it to me. Be the best. BE. More. 

Pax
Tracy j H

Tracy's piece "disavowed" - on why he doesn't accept the word human anymore can be found here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Me Tarzan: You Thorough Examination

 "I hypothesize that the reason Perception outweighs Truth is that Truth demands a thorough examination and we all have ADHD." The Hutchings Hypothesis There is a pro-life poster I always see. It reads, “The supporters of abortion have already been born”. Now on the surface, the statement seems sound and seeing the frequency of which the statement/image/poster is used, I’d say it has even become a linchpin for the movement. That is until you examine the truth of the statement which is often overlooked: who better to support abortion than those among the living? Those who have seen the ills of unwanted pregnancies, pregnancies by abuse, the scar and shame of the woman/young girl who [to this day in some circles] is still treated like another piece of property instead of a living thinking being. Indeed, the supporters of abortion HAVE already been born and because of that, they are able to say “you should have a choice”. I bet you look at the whole thing differen

Me Tarzan. You Life Lessons.

                                Übermensch! Übermensch! Da-da-da-da-da-da Übermensch! --> I started reading up on Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche again. He has always fascinated me. He had two main statements that jerked me. 1). That of the Ubermensch – commonly known as the superior man or the superman and 2). The whole “death of God” concept – which even as I type this feels so… unright [I should say wrong but humor me]. It’s like incest I would think – the death of God? And not even in the supremely messianic portrayal seen every Easter, no this was more like getting rid of Him completely. With all my faults, even that seems too much. But then a friend of mine gave me a brief logic a few years ago and I could see a glimmer of a gem in a jewel box, wrapped in an oil cloth. The point was made that, Nietzsche advocated THIS-WORLD ism [not correct title but that’s how I’ll break it down]. If there was no soul, no other place to go to; if this was the only realty the

Me Tarzan, You Save Me

                                         Ah, Smallville. Ah, Remy Zero! You say the best things. "How to save the world in five (5) minutes? Die. It dawns on me that both religiously and ordinarily, when someone dies... People change. U could try to change people all you want but it's in death that they realise - he, she stood for something. And they change. Funny. Pax"  - Text to a brother: July 20th, 2012; 6:19pm * I used to live in fear of the phone ringing. There was a time when the phone would ring and i would wonder if this was the day that my heart would be broken? Would i hear the news that a loved one [friend/family] has died? Was it a car crash? Please God, don't let evil or sad/tragic intent be on the other end of the phone. I haven't felt that way for a while, till last Sunday. We got the call. A healthy young man - Father, Deacon, Army Dude and all round good guy dies from a heart attack. I was cold. I didn't feel anything that moment bu