Skip to main content

Me Tarzan. You Good

As I started on my way this morning, I had a thought; a question really:
Who's telling the right message: Good or The Practitioners of Good?

[On The Surface] Good's Practitioners say: "To ACCESS Good [and in the process, be made better], you have to let go of that anger, that unresolved series of disappointments; the unforgiveness you feel has to go too." This is the only way, you as a being, will be able to grow/move forward/be whole/be gifted with a new reality. A noble thought 'till you consider where your soul lives.

However, [on the surface] Evil looks at all you have and says: "I can work with that."

There's a scripture [Psalm 34:14] that says, "seek peace and pursue it". I like that line but years ago, I realised that I never truly had to 'seek' the darkness. I live in a high apartment complex. When the elevator goes out and I have to walk up the stairs, I DON'T have to seek fear, it knows where I live. I don't have to seek the anger or the doubt, it's there. Peace and Goodness however, is a process, work... climbing the steep mountain of Nanda Parbat. And I accept that I CAN be quite lazy but there it is.

Now I can and have rationalised the process through the eyes of religion [that's where most practitioners dwell; in some form]. Most religious texts will tell you that the human race is inherently vile; we're born with a predisposition to be evil, callous or straight up wicked thus it is a process to cull it. You have to work on and out your own salvation... daily.... no matter how tight you are with God. This is what the Practitioners of Good will tell you.

Interestingly enough, GOOD ITSELF says: "Come as you are. Come with what you got. I can work with that." To put it in a Biblical sense, "Come let us reason together; though your sins are as scarlet, you will be white as snow." [Isaiah 1:18] In essence, "Leh we talk nuh, just come." Thus, negating the need to pretty one's self before getting to GOOD.

I mean make no mistake, both sides [Good and Evil] incur a cost, I'm just asking, which is it? Come or Come Clean FIRST [knowing fully well that I may not be that clean at all].

Who has the right message? GOOD or the Practitioners of Good?

Pax
TjH

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Me Tarzan: You Thorough Examination

 "I hypothesize that the reason Perception outweighs Truth is that Truth demands a thorough examination and we all have ADHD." The Hutchings Hypothesis There is a pro-life poster I always see. It reads, “The supporters of abortion have already been born”. Now on the surface, the statement seems sound and seeing the frequency of which the statement/image/poster is used, I’d say it has even become a linchpin for the movement. That is until you examine the truth of the statement which is often overlooked: who better to support abortion than those among the living? Those who have seen the ills of unwanted pregnancies, pregnancies by abuse, the scar and shame of the woman/young girl who [to this day in some circles] is still treated like another piece of property instead of a living thinking being. Indeed, the supporters of abortion HAVE already been born and because of that, they are able to say “you should have a choice”. I bet you look at the whole thing differen

Me Tarzan: You God Shopping

One day soon, i'll write a treatise on religion.... a longer one.... in the meantime, i got a question.  Erma Bombeck [an American Humourist] wrote a book "A marriage made in Heaven... or too tired for an affair" [love that woman]; so my question to you is:  Are you staying with God for the right reasons or are you just too tired to go god shopping anymore? - that's all. pax.

Me Tarzan. You Star Wars

Let's Talk Star Wars: The Force Awakens... (long note) I sat down yesterday, to watch Empire Strikes Back and while I loved and will always love that film, I realised the flaws and issues every one screams about with "Awakens" has been sitting there in the franchise ever since, but the magic of Star Wars affords for these perceived flaws to be rationalised, hypothesized and even novelised, hereby placating the gnawing beast of fandom. And we were fine with it; in the late 70's-early 80's, this was a blow-mind adventure unlike anything we'd seen. Superman told us a man can fly (and spin the world backwards) and Star Wars told us that we have great power [to overcome any obstacle]. Star Wars... the franchise... not any one isolated film. But back to the matter at hand, like: Yoda telling Force Ghost Obi-Wan, "there is another" and it took us a few years [Return of the Jedi] to realise that the "other" was Luke's sister. When Luke uses t